Thursday, December 21, 2006

Mt. Hood Lost Hikers

I have posted this image of Timberline Lodge at Mt. Hood. I took this on my last visit a few years ago.
This is a beautiful Lodge and vacation resort. Much of the activity on the mountain starts at this lodge.

I tried to contact my Grandson Jeremey who is a volunteer with King County Search and Rescue which covers surrounding areas of Mt. Rainier but he has been without power for some time with the storms that have impacted the area from Seattle to the south. I had hoped he could give us some comments about the rescue attempts. If you watch the Seattle news you have probably seen him helping to rescue climbers on areas around Mt. Rainier.

I saw a new unit that is now available that you carry in your pack and it will charge your cell phone with a few cranks of a handle. Also some sort of GPS or signalling device would save lives and time.

We offer our prayers for the climbers on Mt. Hood. They did what they enjoyed and were good at it.
We were very impressed with the Sheriff, his sincerity, his kind friendly manner and his knowledge.

No comments: